Sunday, February 26, 2012

So it begins

Greg and I have not stopped renovating our house since we bought it in April 2010.  Here is what it looked like on move in day


and here is what it looked like after some TLC


We have made some obvious changes since this picture was taken, but I don't have a whole house picture to show you. 

We have become quite the handy couple and can tackle just about anything together.  We have learned how to lay ceramic tile, install hardwood floors, design a brick garden wall (worst job ever!), paint walls the correct way and install board and batten. Those are just to name a few.






We have been blessed that we have not found any hidden surprises while renovating and nothing has gone terribly wrong.  There are definitely some projects that we said we never wanted to do again, but I'm sure our mind will change in the future.

When we are not at our full time jobs or sleeping, we spend a lot of our time working on small projects and finding inspiration for our next idea.  Greg has told me several times I need to get off Pinterest because I keep wanting to change things around, but that's the fun part of being a homeowner!

Our current project is our master bathroom. I'm not sure why that is the last room in the house to remodel, considering we go in there everyday! I thought creating this blog would be a fun way for family and friends to track our progress and our ups and downs.  Here is what our bathroom looked like before the projects began



I enjoy reading other peoples blogs and have been told to create one of my own. There will be a lot of changes over the next few weeks until I find a design I like. I will try and keep everyone up to date.. this is just the beginning!

xo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment