Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March = Moving Month

For the first time in this adventure, the feeling of sadness has hit us. This past weekend, we got a big jump on packing and rooms are in shambles. I struggled to take pictures off the walls because of the how it left our house. It's empty, bare and lonely around here. This is our first house and we have spent HOURS of time to make it ours. It has been a learning experience and our life the past three years. So many happy and fun memories were made here, working on projects together. There were no bad surprises for us in this house, and sometimes the unknown is scary.

Here's a peek into the current state of our house:

goodbye gallery wall :(



bubble to last for years... or a day in my case

my supporters as I packed

excessively labeled the boxes, 9/10 say fragile

furniture stretch wrapped for protection

empty shelves

patching many holes

loading one of the bedrooms up

Every night, we try and get something done. This weekend, we are going to Chicago and bringing my mom back. Next week over spring break, she is going to help me pack up the kitchen and other rooms so we are ready for moving day next Friday!

xo, Erin

2 comments:

  1. I love the "supporters" photo! But what a bittersweet time for you. It's difficult to close a chapter and begin a new one, but it's great that you're documenting everything and savoring it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it must be so hard to leave! I can't imagine what I will feel like when we move out of our current apartment - we were newlyweds here, so it will definitely be bittersweet!

    The house you are moving into looks absolutely lovely and I'm sure the memories you make there will be just as sweet and lovely. Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes fantastically for you!

    ReplyDelete