Thursday, July 11, 2013

Painting One, Furnishing Another

Life lately has been somewhat calm. I have had time to do some projects and hang out with friends. It's a good balance for the summer... considering I only have about a month before I'm back to school! That happened fast!

I've been working upstairs on a guest room, and as you read this, I am painting the walls. We already had the furniture and bedding from our previous house. This means it didn't need much attention to be 'finished'. I painted the trim a crisp white, Greg patched the holes in the wall (it was previously a kid's room with nail holes everywhere from posters), walls and ceiling need some paint, and then just minor details. We will hang the curtains from the old house, add wall art above the bed, then consider it done. Not too shabby compared to some other rooms in the house that need EVERYTHING.




I also have had some free time to scour Pinterest and Craigslist.. both are good for clearing out my bank account. I scored an awesome Pottery Barn buffet last night for $100 to go in the dining room. I am looking forward to decorating it and adding my floating wine shelves above it. I just keep bouncing from room to room, slowly adding things one at a time.



xo, Erin

4 comments:

  1. I love your house posts! You're new Pottery Barn find is amazing. I love good finds like that. That's how we scored our guest bedroom PB bed! Can't wait to see the finished bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all looking great! Good for you! We've been in our house for more than 2 years and I wouldn't say that one room is where I want it! Haha. And I saw that baseboard painting trick on Pinterest. Does it work well?! I have a lot of carpeted rooms that need the trim painted but I am so scared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works like a charm! Our previous home had all stained wood trim. I did two coats of primer and two coats of paint in EVERY single room of our house. Not a drip on the carpet.

      Delete