Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blank Slate

You know that big, blank wall I was talking about? Yeah, it looks like this...


I'm stumped. Rather than making the room feel smaller, the dark walls make it feel really tall. The wall now looks huge and I'm at a loss of what to do with it. I don't want any furniture, it will make it feel too heavy. I was thinking some sort of big wall art or mirror? Or two rows of something? There is 5 feet of blue walls to work it, any ideas??

Also, the color we painted on the walls is really hard to photograph. It looks a lot lighter in these pictures than in person. But I love it. I can't stop walking in the room and just staring at it. It's called French Grey by Glidden, but we color matched to Behr.





A few other thoughts: we need a new light, that is a topic for another day. We are painting the lower tier of the ceiling a beige color. Can't wait to get'er done!

xo, Erin

1 comment:

  1. So crisp looking! The possibilities! A mirror would look great flanked with two photographs or artwork that you like. When you said you were thinking 2 rows of something, I thought of this that I saw on Pinterest the other day. This would look neat too! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jd_design/4693159888/

    I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete