Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Very {Spartan} Green Christmas

Our Christmas tree normally consists of lots of red, green and silver. This year I wanted to change it up a bit, but work with what I had.  An idea popped into my head that involved lots of green and white.... any ideas?!?

a Michigan State Spartan themed tree of course!

We have a Spartan flag flying proud outside along with a Spartan head rock in our garden. We watch every football game and basketball game when possible, so I thought it would be fun to bring some Spartan spirit to our tree. All the tree needed was green and white lights and some green and white (silver) ornaments. Sounds pretty easy, right?

We started at the bottom of the tree and worked our way up. We alternated green and white light strands all the way to the top. Then we hung our green and silver ornaments all over the tree. Oh, and there is a random red ornament hanging on the left, I had to add my ISU ornament :)


It was looking very pretty... but was missing something. I went up to my office and looked what crafting supplies I had around. Felt, perfect. I printed out a Spartan 'S' and a Spartan head. I cut them out, traced them on some felt and then mounted them on circles using felt to look more like ornaments.  I super glued these circles on to tag board so they were a little more sturdy. Then all I needed to do was poke hooks through the top and hang them on the tree.



What a difference it makes.






Go Green! Go White! Happy Holidays!

xo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment