Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Simple Christmas Card Solution

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. I don't want them to just sit in a basket, I want them out and incorporated into my decorations.  This is what I have used the past two years-- all you need is a door, ribbon and clothespins.


By a few spools of ribbon in any color and pattern you wish. I would make sure the ribbon is at least 2 inches thick for more strength when the ribbons fill up. Cut the pieces to the length of the door plus a few extra inches on the top and bottom. Use duct tape, or something similar, to secure the ribbon to the back side of the door.

Last year I used plain clothespins, but I wanted to make them more festive this year. I bought three sheets of Christmas-looking scrapbook paper. I traced the clothespin on to the paper, cut them out and glued them down. That simple. Then I just hot glued a button to the top for a little extra detail.




Here is what it looks like up close. Lots of fun Christmas colors and patterns going on. Really spruces up a boring white door while having a function.



How do you display your Christmas cards? Would love some new ideas!

xo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment