Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Getting Organized

Ok, so this is crazy. I am off work for the summer and have done nothing around the house. What is wrong with this picture?

The past two weekends were spent in Michigan and we didn't return home until Monday evening.  This led to laundry and grocery shopping on Tuesday along with nannying, Wednesday was catch-up on cleaning day around the house, Thursday was spent nannying and packing, and Friday I watched the kiddos and got in the car to head north again.

It is a vicious cycle that will consume most of my summer.  I have had little time to work out, run errands or even lay out for an hour. We currently have every single weekend booked for the rest of the summer. Good thing? I'm not sure yet. I definitely love traveling and staying busy, but it means not many big projects can get done around the house.

August 16th will be here before I know it. Everyone tells us this is the time to travel (before we have a family) so we are taking advantage of that.  I apologize for the lack of home improvement projects lately, we barely have had time to keep the house clean.

I was thinking about making some type of organizational center for the laundry room or pantry door. Somewhere that is accessible.  Not only to visualize our vacations and visitors, but also to remind me to do weekly cleanings and fun projects as well.  Maybe a calendar for travel and a calendar for house projects?

Then I found this:

organizationboard21

You can check out the tutorial and printables here.  This looks awesome. I wanted to make a dry erase menu and wanted a weekly cleaning schedule.  I love how it is all in one place. Now I just need to tweak a few things and it will be perfect.

I would love to make something like this ASAP to get my life organized along with holding me accountable for projects I want to complete.  I currently am using my calendar on my iPhone which I share (the calendar) with my husband. Just to keep us both in the loop with scheduled events, parties and visitors.  I think a blown up version out in the open would be even more helpful. 

Starting to plan... NOW!

xo, Erin

3 comments:

  1. I did a version of this on my fridge. We didn't really have the wall space so I just put magnets on the back of the frame. Not only does it keep me to task, it helps my non-neat freak partner see what I would like to have done each day/week/month. It's making a HUGE difference. I also ended up making my own monthly checklist in powerpoint that better suited our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great idea, would really help with scheduling.

    -G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I came across your blog via the H54F link up. I'm now following you! Feel free to check out my blog http://www.meg-silverthorn.blogspot.com

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete