Greg and I decided to drive to save money... we drove through the night Friday into Saturday. I hate stopping for fast food while on road trips so I started brainstorming healthy road trip snacks. Our trip took about 16 hours so food is definitely a necessity. I made a list and bought some things from the grocery store. We are using two coolers. One large one in the trunk for most of the food, and one smaller one in the backseat for easy access to drinks and a few snacks.
Some snack ideas:
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Grapes already picked so they are easier to eat
- Yogurt parfaits with granola on the side
- Celery with peanut butter
- Carrots and celery with lowfat ranch
- Cliff bars
- Chicken wraps on whole wheat tortillas
- Some boxed items: wheat thins, rice cakes, pretzels
- Sweets: Pull n' Peel Twizzlers and Peach Rings
I will be back to blog world Thursday with updates on our road trip adventures and how we passed the 32+ hours in the car!