Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back To The Grind

Summer is officially over.  Back to work and waking up at 6:00 a.m. I am excited to be back at my same school this year and not be the 'new teacher'. I am anxious to have some of my students return and see how much they have learned over the summer.


This summer was one to remember. We traveled thousands of miles, got stuck in a tropical storm, finished our master bathroom (for the most part) and spent time with family & friends. We stayed busy and it made my summer go by so fast! Greg is excited that I will be waking up before him once again. He hates getting ready for work while I am still in bed sleeping :) 

Things I will miss about summer:

The kids I babysat

Afternoon cuddles with Murphy

Relaxing in the morning watching the Today Show

Reading blogs at my leisure while drinking coffee

Laying out on the patio reading on my Kindle

Random road trips with my husband that now have to coordinate with school holidays


Already looking forward to Summer 2013, specifically June 29th, when I will be licensed in K-12 Special Education. Good luck to all my teacher friends this year!

xo, Erin

2 comments:

  1. Those are all good things to miss about summer, especially laying out reading. Have fun at school! Ps. I nominated your for a fun little award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the kids back Monday for you? I teach elementary school, and the first week back just ended!

    Have a great first day....just found you via High Five for Friday, so glad I did! I'm your newest follower :-)

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete