Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Vacation Highlights

We are back.. and exhausted!

We got home late Wednesday night and I spent yesterday at Miami University for orientation and then the rest of the day unpacking/laundry. Vacations are nice, but it feels so good to be in my own bed and shower. We have one more trip planned for this year: out west to Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and Las Vegas. I am very excited, but also looking forward to a relaxing fall at home full of football and apple cider.

Rather than a detailed trip post, I am going to link up with Lauren to share my 5 favorite highlights:

1. The view -- I spent a lot of my vacation on the deck or dock overlooking the lake. It was a little chilly at times with a light breeze, but it was very refreshing. I watched Greg master kneeboarding, wakeboarding and skiing (and fall a lot while learning)



2. Pyramid Point -- We went on a three mile hike and the views at the top were incredible. Again, it was a little windy and the sand blasted off the dunes a bit, but it was worth it



3. Old Mission Peninsula -- We took a scenic drive around the peninsula and stopped at some wineries and the Jolly Pumpkin for dinner. I highly recommend both. After dinner we drove up to the point where the lighthouse was and explored.



4. Wineries -- Traverse City and the surrounding area are full of wineries. We stopped at two different ones on Old Mission Peninsula and got to sample a variety of wines. I loved the atmosphere (& wine!)

Black Star Farms Winery, our favorite

Brys Estate Vineyard

5. Empire Bluff Sunset -- we did a little more hiking to the top of a sand dune in Empire. The views were amazing and it was perfect weather.



If you haven't been to Traverse City and are in driving distance, I suggest you start planning a trip. There is so much to do and see!

xo, Erin

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful! I have never been to Traverse City and now I am dying to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun vacation, and how stinking cute are you in your plaid shirt/white pants outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is stinking gorgeous!! I agree with Niki that you really made me want to go!

    ReplyDelete