We got home late Wednesday night and I spent yesterday at Miami University for orientation and then the rest of the day unpacking/laundry. Vacations are nice, but it feels so good to be in my own bed and shower. We have one more trip planned for this year: out west to Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and Las Vegas. I am very excited, but also looking forward to a relaxing fall at home full of football and apple cider.
Rather than a detailed trip post, I am going to link up with Lauren to share my 5 favorite highlights:
1. The view -- I spent a lot of my vacation on the deck or dock overlooking the lake. It was a little chilly at times with a light breeze, but it was very refreshing. I watched Greg master kneeboarding, wakeboarding and skiing (and fall a lot while learning)
2. Pyramid Point -- We went on a three mile hike and the views at the top were incredible. Again, it was a little windy and the sand blasted off the dunes a bit, but it was worth it
3. Old Mission Peninsula -- We took a scenic drive around the peninsula and stopped at some wineries and the Jolly Pumpkin for dinner. I highly recommend both. After dinner we drove up to the point where the lighthouse was and explored.
4. Wineries -- Traverse City and the surrounding area are full of wineries. We stopped at two different ones on Old Mission Peninsula and got to sample a variety of wines. I loved the atmosphere (& wine!)
|Black Star Farms Winery, our favorite|
|Brys Estate Vineyard|
5. Empire Bluff Sunset -- we did a little more hiking to the top of a sand dune in Empire. The views were amazing and it was perfect weather.
If you haven't been to Traverse City and are in driving distance, I suggest you start planning a trip. There is so much to do and see!