Friday, April 13, 2012

Anniversary Edition: My 5 favorite things

First week back to work after spring break and I am exhausted. We are headed to Michigan this afternoon to help my brother-in-law move into his new house, congrats Kev!  Looks like I will be running on empty until next week.

Like always, I am linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday! Nothing too exciting happened these past couple days. Since this week was our special edition anniversary week, I thought I would share 5 of my favorite things about this house.

1. Our porch swing. We live on a cul-de-sac and it's nice to just sit and relax on our porch when it's nice out.
Side note: we got this swing from a garage sale for an amazing deal.. originally from Frontgate


2. Our kitchen floors. I can't say enough good things about this floor. The quality, color, differentiation and durability is superb. Murphy constantly goes chasing his toys and sliding on the floor, and we have yet to find a scratch.


3. Our fireplace. It's amazing how much we have used it. It's gas which makes it very convenient to turn on and off. We bought a fireplace fan to help us warm up the downstairs when we don't want to turn the heat on for those in between days.


4. The windows in the family room. They are large and let in a lot of natural light. 


5. The 2 boys I share this house with. It's never a dull moment and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
Check out some funny pictures of them here

they snuggle

they road trip together

they play 'peter pan'

they watch ducks (at our old apartment)

Photobucket

Happy Friday, have a fabulous weekend!

xo, Erin

9 comments:

  1. Um, I'm in love with that porch swing. It's fabulous!

    Your house has great style. I especially like the fabric on the bench in front of the window (super cute dog too!).

    Happy Friday Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allyson. We think Murphy is pretty cute too ;)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your fire place! and porch swing!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures of your husband and dog are so funny! I faintly heard one of those goofy montage songs about being best friends in the background! I am still trying to convince my finacé that we really need a dog! Yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha too funny! Keep trying to convince him, dogs make everything better :)

      Delete
  4. Girl, I'm in love with your house! Just from the last two posts it looks seriously fantastic! Found your through the link up and am definitely a new follower! I saw in your about me that you live outside Cincinnati! My family is from the same area. We lived in Oregonia for awhile if you have any idea where that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We actually live in Monroe, but I know exactly where Oregonia is... what a small world

      Delete
  5. That fireplace is absolutely gorgeous!
    Actually...your entire home is!

    I also love how your pup made his way into most of these pictures :)
    He's a cutie!

    Happy weekend, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby and pup pictures are ADORABLE!! And so is your house :) hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete