Monday, April 30, 2012

April showers bring... toilets?

It was a pretty cold and rainy weekend around here. Greg got some things done in the bathroom and I for once had a social life!

Friday night I went to a Premier Jewelry party. It was so fun to get out, eat snacks and of course play with all the fun jewelry. I am very excited to receive my order! I ended up with a pair of earrings and a ring. Since I stopped biting my nails, I have been wearing a lot more rings. I also booked a party of my own for July which I am very excited about!

Saturday I went to lunch with my friend Laura and wandered around Ikea. She was shopping for her Circus themed nursery and we found some adorable things!

LEKA CIRKUS Mobile IKEA Movement and sharp contrasts stimulate the baby's eyesight.
found here

VITAMINER VIMPEL Pair of curtains with tie-backs IKEA Shorten to desired length without sewing using iron-on hemming strip.
found here

FABLER Bed canopy IKEA A bed canopy gives privacy and creates a room-in-room feeling. Sheer fabric with great light transmission.
found here

She found some other super cute stuff as well. I can't wait to see it all together... get to work Elliot :)

While I was out shopping on Saturday, my fabulous husband finished tiling the bathroom floor. He's the best! (Tonight we will be grouting so I will definitely update with pictures). Saturday night we rented Tower Heist from Redbox, overall it was pretty good.  I like both Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy which is why we ended up with it. There were some funny parts, but I wouldn't tell you to rush out and see it immediately.

Sunday I did my weekly grocery shopping at Kroger and ran some other errands.  We picked up some drywall at Home Depot for our bathroom before we had to return the trailer to Greg's boss. 

After dinner, we dropped off the trailer, stopped at Bad Frog for some frozen yogurt, then were on a mission to find a toilet. We knew we wanted to replace our old one and had a style in mind. We checked out Menards, Home Depot and finally found one at Lowe's. 

Zoomed: Jacuzzi Prestige White High Efficiency WaterSense Elongated 2-Piece Toilet
here

The first store was completely out and weren't restocking them. We called the next closest store and they had one left, but the box was damaged. They placed it on hold and we went to check it out.

When we got there, it appeared that the box had just been opened. We took each piece out, checked for scratches and made sure everything was there.  The toilet was on clearance because they are discontinuing it.  It was on sale for $148 down from $229.  The associate at Lowe's was very nice and just wanted to get it off his floor. He took an extra 10% off because the box was open. Sweet!

We went home very happy with our toilet purchase and rented another movie, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.  Greg said the movie was boring in the beginning and had a slow start. I agree, I think they could have done a lot more with the plot. Sometimes if I don't know what movie to rent, I base it on the actors. Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock were in it and I love both of them.  The ending of the movie definitely made the two hours worth it.

Hope you had a fun and relaxing weekend. Bathroom updates soon, I promise!

xo, Erin

2 comments:

  1. I really love that toilet! I like how it's squared at the front instead of rounded, and how there isn't those indents on the side where dust and gunk always collect and look disgusting. Why don't they make all toilets like this?

    We always have a hard time picking out a movie to rent too - this weekend we rented the new Mission Impossible. It was good!

    Your weekend sounds like it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! My husband said the same thing about the toilet! He is the designated toilet cleaner and is excited about how easy it's going to be.

      Will keep you posted on how we like it.

      Delete