Thursday, July 26, 2012

No-Sew Curtains

The office is under construction and the first item on my to-do list is almost crossed off. I don't know what took me so long, but I have lots of motivation to get things done before I head back to work in a few weeks.  I am starting my Master's this fall and it's an online program. I want to complete the office so I have a space where I can get work done without the distraction of a TV. I also feel working at a desk would be a better option than the couch :)

Anyways.. back to my progress. I began making no-sew curtains last night and am loving the results so far! Here is my step-by-step process (that is super simple!)

1. Hang up your curtain rods using a level and strong enough screws to hold the weight of your curtains


2. Lay your fabric out on the floor and fold in half 


3. Cut the fabric along the fold to create two smaller panels, I suggest using very good scissors for a clean cut


4. Fold over your hem and iron it down


 5. Cut a piece of hem tape the length of your fabric, I have had the best luck with the brand below (super strength)



6. Iron it down following the directions. Hang up one end on your curtain rod and measure the bottom, just skimming the carpet. Repeat steps 4 & 5


7. Cut off the edge of the fabric that has no design (this can be done before or after the hem)


8. Hang the curtain up and repeat for the other panel


I ran out of hem tape so I couldn't complete the other window! I will grab some when I am out today so I can cross it off my office to-do list.  I love all the color it has already added to the room.

Have you ever tried no-sew curtains? I would highly recommend it. They are so simple, anyone could do it!

xo, Erin

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love them, love the bright colours.
    - Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I am planning on doing no-sew curtains for the playroom this weekend!

    ReplyDelete