Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Office.

It doesn't really serve a purpose. Greg and I both have laptops and we sit on the couch most nights surfing the internet. The only reason I go in there is because I have some clothes and almost all my shoes in that closet. Besides that, I could go weeks without entering.

I want that to change. I want a reason to work in the office. There is such a large desk available with so much surface area. The room has potential, but needs some sprucing up... starting with a light. There is currently no light in that room so it can't be used at night. I want Greg to install some recessed lights above the desk and also by some sort of floor lamp for the other side of the room.

Before I share my to-do list, let me show you what it looks like now:

The view from the hallway, trying to sell the current sleeper loveseat
  
TV stand and storage between the windows
  
Shoe boxes contain hundreds of pictures

These shoe boxes contain memories from our seven+ years together (ticket stubs and such)

The desk.. an IKEA closet door converted into a large table

This space needs help!

Cricut storage

Yearly frames used at our wedding

More frames...

Cheap plastic organizer turned cute!

More shoe boxes... more memories

Future curtain fabric

The space needs some help. To-do lists always help break it down and allow me to work on one project at a time. Here are some things I would like to do:

  • Create no-sew curtains (have had the supplies since February, how embarrassing)
  • Add lighting
  • Create a bulletin board in the blank wall space above the desk, next to the shelves
  • Sell loveseat
  • Buy chair or some type of seating
  • Mount TV on the wall
  • Wall art
  • Organize crafts and scrapbooking supplies

Hope to get the curtains knocked off the list this week, stay tuned!

xo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment