Thursday, March 22, 2012

bruschetta chicken

Last night on my menu planner, I planned on grilling chicken for dinner. Unfortunately, the weather was still 85 degrees so it didn't make the experience very fun.  Good thing for a yummy creation.

Bruschetta Chicken
4 chicken breasts
3-4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette
Tomato, sliced
1/2 C Mozzarella cheese divided

1. I use Perdue Frozen Chicken Breasts that are already a great size. If you have thicker chicken, I would take the time to pound them to about 1/2" thickness
2. Stab a fork into your chicken about 8 times. This will allow the marinade to soak in
3. Place the chicken in a gallon size bag and pour the Balsamic Vinaigrette over it
4. Seal the bag and move the chicken around, making sure the whole chicken is coated
5. Refrigerate about 30 minutes
6. Place on your grill over medium heat. Cook about 4 minutes on each side
7. During the last minute of grilling, carefully place a tomato slice or two and a tablespoon of cheese over each chicken breast
8. Enjoy



I also threw together a vegetable for the side dish.  I originally wanted steamed broccoli, but it didn't look very good at the grocery store. I grabbed asparagus instead. Normally I bake it in the oven, but tonight I didn't want the house any hotter. I decided to throw it on the grill... what a delicious choice!

Grilled Asparagus
Asparagus ~20 stalks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt

1. Wash asparagus and break off the hard part on the bottom,  like this.
2. Place the stalks on a plate and either drizzle with olive oil, or in my case, spray with olive oil until lightly coated. I use the Misto.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt
4. Place on grill over medium heat
5. Roll/rotate every 3 minutes until just tender with a fork. Approximately 10 minutes, they will be slightly charred.



xo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment