Monday, March 5, 2012

Polka Dots

Have you noticed them everywhere lately?

polka dot flats
pin
love polka dots
pin


polka dots cake
pin
polka dots
pin

splendid polka dots
pin
polka dot bedding
pin

I decided to take my own spin on it.

Here is what you need:


1. Apply OPI Chip Skip. I have been using this for a few months and have had great results.  My manicures have been lasting about 7 days before I notice slight chipping.

2. Choose a color you like and paint 2 coats on your nails. I used OPI--D.C. Cherry Blossom. 

3. Practice making polka dots on a piece of paper. I swirled the brush around the inside rim until most of the nail polish was off. Then gently lower the brush to your nail until you see a small dot appear and lift straight up. The harder you push down, the bigger the dot will be. Continue until you see results that you like. It really is that simple. For this step I used OPI-- Alpine Snow Matte.

4. Apply top coat. I use Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. It is an acrylic gel + nylon. It leaves my nails shiny and protected.

Play around and have fun with it! I just chose one nail on each hand as a subtle accent.


xo, Erin

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with polka dots, totally trying out those nails :-)

    ReplyDelete